We understand that choosing to invest is a big decision when stewarding limited resources.
That’s why we have a detailed price breakdown & additional information about the costs and what you get for your investment. Just click on the grey arrows in on the left below to access more information about each of the drop-down sections.
For This, Intentional health provides:
- 2 days training for 2-4 coaches online. 2-4 volunteers are required to
- Have completed an Intentional Health 10 week programme
- Have full support from the church leadership
- Agree with our statement of faith
* £600 training fee is based on the cost of coach training online.
Training costs the same no matter how many people join (minimum of 2 required & maximum of 4).
For This, Intentional health provides:
- Permission for ongoing delivery of an unlimited number of Intentional Health programmes (online or in community) and use of associated resources and equipment, as detailed in the Church Partner Collaboration Agreement.
- Digital course platform access and downloads of all resources, which include the slides presentations, handouts and videos used during each session.
- A 200+ page full colour printed Intentional Health Programme Coach Manual for each coach (and any further digital updates to the printed manual)
- Intentional Health Church Resource Pack. This includes additional resources necessary for some practical group activities.
- Ongoing evaluation, support and accountability to help set up, deliver and evaluate each Intentional Health programme.
- Ongoing access to telephone/email support from our team, including access to our online hub for Intentional Health coaches.
- Ongoing collection and subsequent evaluation of data collected during Intentional Health programmes. We aim to use this data to positively influence social prescribing / community referrals by local health professionals.
- Ongoing access to updated PDF printable resources, including programme handouts, and marketing information.
- Ad hoc site visits or zoom meetings by Intentional Health staff, to provide support and quality assurance.
- Central marketing and PR support, including website programme promotion and press releases.
- Member registration platform and processes
- Attendance register and feedback forms.
** Paid in monthly instalments, for a minimum of 12 months.
License and monthly payments commence the month of training and last as long as membership terms are observed.
Ongoing costs are subject to an annual review.
- All group members receive a 70-page full colour printed Programme Handbook.
- We recommend charging a retail price of £25*** equivalent to £2.50 per session, paid in advance at 1st session.
- The church receives one free handbook as part of every bundle of 10 purchased, to use at their discretion. (Handbooks are sold in bundles of 10, for £225).
- The sale of handbooks to members from the first programme is designed to finance the resources needed for the next programme.
*** The actual price charged to group members for handbooks is left to the discretion of local church
The local church needs to provide:
- 2-4 willing volunteers to train as Intentional Health Coaches.
We look for people with an active Christian faith who are part of a local church. They’ll have a heart for others and a passion to serve their local community, alongside an interest in healthy living and developing a positive lifestyle. It’s useful if coaches have some presentation skills and experience in facilitating groups – but we help train anyone with an aptitude and willingness to learn to confidently facilitate great group sessions as part of your team.
Volunteers will have completed an online 10 week programme for themselves, be available to attend our 2 days training and then dedicate approx. 5 hours per week during programme delivery. This allows time to prepare for sessions and provide pastoral support as required for members of the group, alongside the 2 hours of programme delivery.
- Reliable Wifi and a paid zoom account with someone who has technical competency and confidence to host and facilitate online groups (including polls and breakout rooms)
- Access to a comfortable meeting space with a large TV screen/projector to play the video presentation during each session, to host weekly community sessions.
- Access to PowerPoint/Keynote software to deliver main content (shareable on screen in zoom or connectable to the TV screen if delivering in community).
- The ability to print out letters, handouts and questionnaires in colour.
- The ability to submit online attendance registers, feedback and evaluation data (or post back to us securely) after programme completion.
- Additional volunteers from the local church, who can support the coaches by welcoming and befriending those who attend the programme online or in community.
- A Wi-Fi connection to the internet. This is not essential for community groups in the room where you host the programme, but will be required elsewhere to download digital presentation resources and send and receive data pre and post programme delivery.
- Community groups: Refreshments: tea/coffee/water (and some tasty, healthy snacks too, if you like!)
- Knowledge of other community activities and social outreach programmes available in your local area, so you can signpost these where appropriate. (Coaches are required to complete a simple online audit form prior to coming on training, that will help you identify these).
- We train 2-4 volunteers as standard, but are happy to train additional coaches where required. Each additional coach can be trained for a further cost of £50 per person if training at the same time as their team.
- If you have one or two additional people you’d like to be trained at a later date, the cost is £75 per person.
- If you would like us to host an online team refresher training day we can do that at a cost of £300. Please ask us for more information if this is of interest.
All physical and digital Intentional Health programme content, resources and materials provided remain the property of Intentional Health for the duration of the partnership and should be returned to Intentional Health at the end of a partnership agreement.
Intentional Health is a recognised Cinnamon Network project. This means that if grants are currently available in your local area, you may be eligible for a Cinnamon Network Micro grant of £2000, which can help you fund the cost of your initial training, cover your monthly license costs for the first year and purchase a supply of Intentional Health programme manuals to run your first programme(s). To find out more, please visit https://www.cinnamonnetwork.co.uk/cinnamon-micro-grants/
There may also be other grants available in your local area
We recognise and celebrate that every individual, partner church and local community is unique.
As a guide, we encourage all our partners to aim to:
- Ensure as far as is possible, that all members leave every programme session feeling valued.
- Have a clear idea at the start of the year about how many programmes they would like to host.
- Have 8-12 people attend each Intentional Health programme and complete at least 70% of the 10 sessions (the attendance of participants needs to be recorded and reported back to Intentional Health). Although life happens and circumstances change, we do find people tend to complete the programme when they can.
- Have coaches administer pre-programme and post-programme questionnaires (to those who give their consent) and report this data back to Intentional Health.
- Foster and encourage ongoing connections and relationships between programme attendees, coaches, other members of the local church and members of the wider community.
- Encourage attendees to complete follow up questionnaires and evaluations
- Complete informal coach peer assessments, at least once for each programme delivered (these peer assessments will be covered during our 2 day training).
- Aim to remain in partnership for over 3 years.
- Inform Intentional Health HQ with an academic term’s notice, if they wish to terminate our ongoing partnership.
Charitable Incorporated Organisation (registered England & Wales) No: 1152310
Intentional Health HQ
Account Name: Intentional Health
Account Number – 00030105
Sort Code – 405240
25 Kings Hill Avenue
West Malling Kent
IBAN: GB 91 CAFB40524000030105
Register your interest to get your invitation for our next partnership training.
Together we hope to improve health and wellbeing and build healthier, happier, more hope-filled lives in your communities.